If you are finding that the weight plates are too widely spaced on your handset, then follow these steps:
- Remove the barbell slowly from cradle. Be sure to lift the barbell vertically.
NOTE: If the barbell is pulled out at an angle, it may drag against un-selected weight plates.
- If the problem still occurs, it's likely the length of the cradle is too long. Loosen the four bolts beneath the cradle at one end. The four holes are slotted for the purpose of adjusting the cradle length.
- Push the floating cradle end inwards, closing the gap between the plates.
- With the cradle end loose, place the fully loaded barbell in and out of the cradle several times. The cradle will self-adjust to the correct position. Tighten the four bolts.
- Check the surfaces between weight plates to make sure they are clean and free of debris.
- The weight plates should slide together easily with little resistance.
TIP: Also check the tabs on the weight plates to ensure they are not bent or broken from accidental misuse. If so, replace any damaged weight plates.